I feel very violated that Thurston county ignored my concerns and e-mails & has preceded to change my land from LI, RR 1/2 TUGA to RRR1/5 per the GeoData center records.This is very un-fare for fallowing reasons.
- May land was LI, RR 1/2 in the TUGA for the past 17 years & I have been taxed so! (I have records)
- The fact that Thurston county is allowing building/growth on land that is already divided down to 1 house per 2 acres is discrimination and the county should be held accountable for these un fare developments.
- The fact that the water way flowing through my land in NOT a NATURE water way to meet state stream classing laws for a 100 ft set back. It is a man made ditch approved by the Thurston County Commissioner back on October 19, 1892. (I have records) They are have been holding me to a 100 ft set back when I have applied for building permits. When they are allowing site development at a site across from the SOUTH PUGET SOUND COLLEGE. On a piece of land that is next to a nature water and land is being disturbed with a dozier inside the legal allowable limit . WHICH IS DOUBLE STANDARD!!!
- The Fact that the county allows STATE DNR my neighbor to the north, operate by a different set of rules enforced upon me by Thurston County, but no DNR ignores the 100 ft set back and builds and disturbs the land next to this ditch. And have raised the bank that could cause neighboring land to flood.
- I was told by the equalization board that I could always sub-divide. And because I drug my feet and was a couple of months late in filing I'm going to be PUNISHED while others build on lots smaller around me. I tried to find out information prior to the begriming of the moratorium but working with Thurston County to get answer is almost impossible of a process. So I tired to research on-line and that is not very user friendly. SO BECAUSE I WAS LATE IN MY DECISION ON THE DESIGN OF HOW I WANTED MY LOTS TO LOOKS, I'm violated/discrimated out of my retirement investment in my land.
- No one at Thurston County during this process over the last couple years of the moratorium has took the time to set down with me and review my data, but they use the way out "we are having a planned public meeting", What a cop out.
- So now that you've cut my usable/developeable land in half I'm sure your going to refund me half my taxes paid for the last 17 years since I have the right to develop and now do not. And I'm sure your going to cut my tax rate right in half, RIGHT. Since this is why I got on this soap box to divide in the first place. Because I could not get my taxes lower but was told I could divide my land to lower my taxes.Violated tax paying concerned citizen, Brad L. Eby
October 19, 2006
Thurston County Board of Commissioners
Attn: Nancy Pritchett
Thurston County Development Services Department
2000 Lakeridge Drive SW
Olympia, WA 98502
Subject: Limited Areas of More Intensive Rural Development (LAMIRDs) / re-zoning
I am extremely concerned about the county changing the zoning on my land and feel it is totally unfair. I've owned my land since 1989. During these past 17 years it has been zoned RR 1/2. It was also listed as TUMUGA which was just recently changed.
My property falls in a very small section of land consisting of 13 parcels that are zoned RR 1/2. It appears that the county is either going to rezone them to RR 1/5 or RR 1/10. It is my opinion that this change is totally just a political statement and will not help to meet Growth Management Act.
I have listed all 13 parcels and the acreage associated with each parcel.
1. #12720420100 2.2 acres
2. #12720420102 2.2 acres
3. #12720420103 5.18 acres
4. #12720420201 2.44 acres
5. #12720420202 2.44 acres
6. #12720420203 2.0 acres
7. #12720420204 2.88 acres
8. #12720420301 2.35 acres
9. #12720420302 2.53 acres
10. #12720420303 4.89 acres
11. #12720420401 2.35 acres
12. #12720420402 2.53 acres
13. #12720420100 4.89 acres
And you can clearly see that 10 of the 13 are already as small as they can sub-divide with the current zoning of RR 1/2. And by changing this section of land you are not helping in the cause for correct Growth Management, but only hurting the last three land owners. Land owner # 3, #10 & #13 have had this right to sub-divide and now can not with the new plan. You're only performing a political game with our rights and future lives. I have filed to sub-divide to help put me in a bill free position. I am a single dad wishing to be bill free to help support my daughter this next year as she enters and starts her college years.
Then the insult to injury this week I received a “Real Property Value Change Notice” for next tax year 2007.
My land tax value for next year is doubling by the assessors office and my development capabilities are being cut in half by the planning department.
OH YEA, please don't tell me that I am welcome to appeal the tax increase with equalization board. Because they already advised me that it’s worth every Penny & I have an extra building lot and I am welcome to sub-divide.
By imposing the moratorium you have already put hardship into an already tight household budget. But by changing my zoning you will end the future schooling for my daughter that I have saved for in my land investment. I ask that you reconsider and leave these 13 parcels as they stand RR 1/2.
Brad L. Eby